Coronavirus means we are changing how we do some things to help stop the virus spread and look out for the health of our guests and our staff.
We have already put in place enhanced cleaning, social distancing plus specific training and PPE. We promise we will do all we can to follow the latest and most relevant guidance and to keep you fully informed about what we are doing.
Some government guidance means that we cannot offer everything we used to – at least for now. This is constantly changing, and we promise to keep you updated on how this might affect you during your stay.
Coming & Going
Read all our guidelines before you come, and you may want to pack:
- A face mask/covering – these are not mandatory for guests and is a personal choice.
- Disposable gloves if you like to use them.
- Travel hand sanitiser.
Please do not travel if you have:
- A high temperature (37.8 degrees or higher).
- A new and continuous cough.
- Shortness of breath.
- Someone in your party who is “shielding”.
- Loss of taste or smell.
When you arrive
- Check in is from 3pm – 8pm
- Send just one member of your party to check in at reception.
- If the receptionist is already dealing with a guest, please wait in our lobby area.
- Please remain in the same seat and observe social distancing rules.
- Please collect breakfast order slips from reception. Breakfast will be delivered to your room in the morning.
- Please wear a face mask until you have checked in and are in your room or apartment.
During your stay
- Stick to all government guidelines and any procedures we have in place.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Need to cough or sneeze? Catch it in a tissue and bin it.
- Keep your distance from others.
- Wear a face mask when walking around the hotel.
- Breakfast will be served in your room.
- The bar area will be closed and reception closed at 8pm
When you leave
If you have developed any of the coronavirus symptom during your stay, please stay in your room and report this to the manager by phone ASAP who will advise you accordingly.
When you are about to depart, please leave your key on the reception desk or in the letterbox located at the front door.
Cleaning & hygiene in our rooms and apartments
We have developed enhanced cleaning procedures in partnership with our suppliers to help stop virus spread amongst our guests and our team. From front of house to behind the scenes, enhanced cleaning measures not only means that we are cleaning more regularly, but that we are zoning in on high contact areas.
We have implemented a deep cleaning procedure for rooms and apartments, unfortunately this means that we have had to remove some things (blankets, throws, cushions, information books etc) as your safety is our priority at this time.
To minimise deliveries, we’ve streamlined our supply chain and only work with companies who meet the highest safety and cleanliness standards.
Most cleaning is done with cotton/man made and micro-fibre cloths. After each use the cloths are either appropriately discarded or washed at a high temperature for re-use.
To help stop virus spread our team are all:
- Trained on COVID-19 safety and sanitation protocols, and what they do if a guest or colleague becomes unwell.
- Washing their hands and using hand sanitiser on a regular basis.
- Trained on physical distancing guidelines and protocols whether that is behind the scenes or when working with guests.
- Provided with the right PPE for their role and trained in how to use and dispose of it safely.
A hospitality tray will be in your room, but please pick up tea, coffee, sugar, milk and biscuits at check in.
If there are times when we need access to your room during your stay to carry out essential maintenance and social distancing cannot be maintained, we’ll ask you to leave and we’ll give you a call when it’s safe to return.
If you have booked breakfast, this will be offered on individual trays or in travel bags. Slips are available from reception and we will deliver for you the following morning. We ask that slips are handed in to reception the night before no later than 8pm.
Our team are formally trained in food safety best practice which has been enhanced to help stop virus spread.
We are using as many disposable goods as we can to minimise washing and re-using.
The items used and methods of preparation require minimal handling.
Do let us know of any food allergens as soon as you can.
The Ranald Hotel Team